Tuesday 20 July 2010

Clear away the cobwebs

Sometimes, as you may be aware of, if you read this blog, I think too much about rubbish. Sometimes when it gets a bit too much, and I get a bit of a headache due to over-thinking, I like to go for a walk. It's something that has always had a calming effect on me, think it must be all the fresh air. So on Sunday, tired of sitting around and thinking too much, I decided to go for a walk to North Queensferry, which is just the next town over from where I stay.



I guess, I am really lucky, at where I live because I have the chance to walk place other than just streets. Fife has a coastal path, which allows you to walk or cycle along the coast on paths created to keep people away from the roads. It leads to having loads of walks along dirt paths, and admiring the scenery including lovely beaches. It makes me really greatful to having grown up in a place like this. I mean we have shops and good railway and bus links, but we also have so much countryside set aside for walking in.



Although I utimately would like to move to a big city, like Glasgow, I think that I would miss walking through countryside.Yeah, I'd walk through the city, but it doesn't have the same feeling to it really. But I have done that before, I just love walking around and listening to my ipod, being in a world of my own. People do come a long way, especially to see North Queensferry, seeing as ex-PM Gordon Brown lives there, and the Forth Rail Bridge. Which is something that has always amazed me. I mean, I can't think how anyone would go about making a bridge like that now, let alone 120 years ago, when it was built.

No comments:

Post a Comment