Wednesday 17 March 2010

Back on track

Day 2 of operation 'Make myself Work'. And guess what?

I actually did some work. *does a victory dance*

Ok, I probably could have done more, but some work is better than no work, right? I did a bit of mixed media, which means me, bits of paper, glue and lots of coloured ink. Total good fun.

The 'mixed media' is for my Art & Design unit, which is self-expressive. Where I have to advertise 'Me' as I would any other product. Kind of had an idea of blogging and putting my blogs as  little progress reports through my project. I think that is good, as blogging is one of the most common ways I get my thoughts and feelings across. So because I include that as a big part of who I am, right now,  I think it would be a good idea to have blogs through my sketchbook. Unsure of whether it is a good idea or not. Not really talked to anyone else about it, other than myself, so don't know if it's going to be successful or not.

The 'Me' project is going to be messy, as I am a messy person in general. And it is also going to be a contrast to my Graded Unit, for which all the pages have been created digitally. I think that will be intresting, to have my two projects contrasting in that way. Besides, if I did them both digitally, I think I'd be pulling my hair out, as I am very arty and enjoy making my mess.

Digital work is something, I am having to force myself to do, as it does not come naturally. I am constantly being told, that it is good to get out of your comfort zone everyone in a while. I am getting better at using Photoshop and illustrator, but I still get a headache. Probably because I am infront of a PC all day at college, at my work (Sky) and again at home, when I am trying to finish things. So I'm not really suprized I like to spend some time off the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment