Monday 15 March 2010

Labels

I guess I am going to go on a bit of a rant today.



Getting sick of all these labels that get thrown about. I didn't use to notice it when I was younger, but I don't know whether that's because I didn't get involved with 'alternative culture' untill I became a bit older, and more confident. I used be the geeky art student, who blended into the background,. and was ignored by the vast majority of people at my school. As I have got older, I have found that my confidence has risen dramatically.



I am now 25 (almost 26) and tattooed and pierced, and have  died my hair, so many colours. But I am more comfortable than I have ever been in my whole life. Ironic, then, that it is now that I get negative attention. Emo, goth, and other labels get thrown in my direction. It just feels that the when I attract attention its bad attention. Although most of the time, it's just water off a  ducks back, but sometimes, it does get under my skin. And when it does, I totally beat myself up on why I'm getting viewed like that, when I feel I have done nothing wrong.

People like to bring others down, no matter what it is. they feel that the only way to make themselves look better is to attack other people. To attack someone because they look different is the lowest of the low, and just shows someones ignorance. No matter what colour, religion or style everyone is the same. The sooner people zccept that the better.

It would certainly make my day-to-day life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment